Friday, January 13, 2012

My Mom Is Smart....

I had a moment yesterday.
It was one of those moments that had to come eventually.
And come it did.
It was one of those moments where I stood in the cafeteria at school crying and stomping my foot.
Not a good moment if you ask me....

But later my mom called.
And it took her all of about five seconds to ask me why I had been crying.
( And I thought I had hidden the tears in my voice so well.... )

So I made up a silly excuse why Id been crying.
I told her that I was crying because that morning in Beginning Modern Dance class
my professor told me that my tail bone was aligned incorrectly.
It wasnt that something was out of place in my spine. The problem is that when I move my body,
I have a horrid habit of moving my tail bone back.

And apparently thats not what a tail bone is supposed to do.
My poor tail bone.

To that, my mom said:
Its gonna be ok Shannon. Nobodies body is perfect. And your tail bone moving back and forth
while you dance is just something that it does. But its gonna be ok, you'll learn how to fix that.

Nobodies body is perfect.

Gosh, my mom really does know a thing or two doesnt she?

No comments:

Post a Comment